Most fractured (broken) bones will heal in usually six weeks. But that is only half of the problem.
Unfortunately when you have enough stress placed through your body to fracture a bone there’s usually a lot of other soft tissues and structures that have been damaged in the process. Add to that the common use of immobilisation in plaster, you’ll have joint stiffness and considerable muscle weakness.
When Should You Commence Physiotherapy?
Typically, physiotherapist will attempt to prevent post-fracture stiffness and weakness in the adjacent joints and muscles during the first six weeks while your fracture is healing. After six weeks or later if X-rays show poor healing, your physiotherapist can work on regaining full joint range of motion and muscle strength that operate near or over the fracture site.
Post Fracture Rehabilitation
- High magnitude/ power tissue magnetic stimulation: High power magnetic field , which help to promote the healing .
- Myobalance rehabilitation protocol : We analyze the fractured part for the treatment with nervous system involvement. Myobalance rehabilitation teaches us to treat without enhancement of pain.
- Matrix therapy : Matrix rythmus therapy works on tissue cellular level relaxation through cellular vibration production of same frequency as the normal cellular frequency.
- Myofascial release : Works on relaxation of tight musculature which restricts the normal movement of joint.
- Strengthening exercise : Strengthening of muscles surrounding the joint is important to normalise the range of motion and prevent the trick movement.
"I had met with an accident, with tibia fracture. My orthopedic doctor had advised me not to bend my knee for almost 3 months, which was very difficult for me to go to work. When i met Dr. Sudarshan, his treatment program was so effective that i could bend my knee within1 month and has much relief. He is the best Chiropractor and would recommend to all."
"Sudarshan sir and kamakshi ma'am are very nice and helpful, my 2 month old ankle joint pain due to accidental fracture and associated lower back pain is now released in 5 days physcio session. Thank you team 😃 …"
"I had met with an accident, with tibia fracture. My orthopedic doctor had advised me not to bend my knee for almost 3 months, which was very difficult for me to go to work. When I met Dr. Sudarshan, his treatment program was so effective that I could bend my knee within 1 month and has much relief. He is the best Chiropractor and would recommend to all."